Walt Disney World is a massive resort with so much to see and do. The sheer magnitude of the park can be a little intimidating for many families, especially those with young children.
When you’re traveling with little ones in tow, you want a way to get from one area of the park to another quickly, easily, and conveniently.
This article will give you the details you need to know to get from Typhoon Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom.
What Attractions Are in Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom Park?
Typhoon Lagoon is one of Walt Disney World’s two water parks. The tropical-themed park is full of water slides and water-related rides of all sizes and activity levels. If you have kids who love to get wet, this is the place for you.
Typhoon Lagoon Attractions
- The Surf Pool – With waves up to six feet high, the Surf Pool is the spot to be if you like riding the waves. Unlike most wave pools that don’t give you any idea when the waves are coming through, Disney’s Surf Pool features a poolside sign that gives you the daily wave schedule.
- Mayday Falls – Typhoon Lagoon’s biggest water slide features twists and turns that would strike fear into the heart of even the bravest seafarer. In addition to heart-stopping fun, it also offers an amazing view of the lagoon.
- Humunga Kowabunga -This 240-foot blind drop is one of the biggest challenges at the lagoon. Try it if you dare!
- Lazy River – Lazy Rivers are staples of water parks everywhere. Still, Typhoon Lagoon’s mega-sized river is perfect for little kids, older folks, or anyone who enjoys a peaceful float on the water.
Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is one of Disney’s most popular and well-loved parks. Most of the rides and attractions are so classic they have entertained people for generations, while some are new additions, bringing fresh joy to the lineup.
Magic Kingdom Attractions
- Country Bear Jamboree – This old-time country singalong includes cute animatronic bears entertaining guests with catchy tunes.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Ride a pirate hip and fly over the streets of Edwardian London in this visually stunning classic ride.
- Enchanted Tales With Belle – In this interactive castle tour, guests can become part of the show by participating in an acted-out story of how Belle first met Beast. It is a fun way for kids to meet a Disney princess and star in the show themselves.
- The Haunted Mansion – Take a walk through this lovely yet undeniably creepy old house where you’ll meet ghosts and ghouls and find yourself in some scary situations. Don’t worry, though; it’s all in good fun.
- Happily Ever After Fireworks Show – This show hasn’t been around for very long, but it’s sure to become a classic. The show, which incorporates pyrotechnics, music, and projected images, it’s meant to draw smiles, tears, and gasps from all who view it. Arrive early to get a good spot!
These are just a handful of the fantastic attractions at Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom Park. Click here or here to find out more details and plan your vacation.
Why Go From Typhoon Lagoon To Magic Kingdom?
After a long day of adrenaline-inducing water-based fun, you might want to head over to the Magic Kingdom to wind down by taking in one of the park’s classic shows, having dinner, or taking a stroll. Maybe you (or, more likely, the kids) are still full of energy and would like to experience some more rides and attractions.
Or perhaps you’re staying at a hotel near Magic Kingdom – like the Polynesian Village Resort or the Grand Floridian – and your family is ready to return to your room, change your wet clothes, and call it a night. Either way, getting from one park to another should be relatively easy, considering Disney’s convenient transportation system.
How Far is Typhoon Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom Park?
Magic Kingdom is just a little over six miles from Typhoon Lagoon. Considering the average Disney world visitor treks between seven and ten miles per day during their vacation just exploring the parks, you probably want to spare your feet wear and tear wherever you can.
The best way to do this is to find the most convenient modes of transportation between your desired locations.
What Are The Best Methods of Transportation From Typhoon Lagoon to Magic Kingdom?
You can take several transportation methods from Typhoon Lagoon to the Magic Kingdom. Here are the best of the best.
There are a few options for getting from Typhoon Lagoon to Magic Kingdom Park. The first and least expensive way would be to use Disney’s public transportation system.
The system was put in place in 1971 to offer guests free and convenient means of traveling to all areas of Walt Disney World parks. Some buses and monorails are direct trips from one park to another, while others require transfers.
In this case, for example, you can catch a bus from Typhoon Lagoon to Disney Springs, then get on another bus or the monorail from there to the Magic Kingdom.
You can also choose to drive or take a taxi from Typhoon Lagoon to Magic Kingdom Park. Driving tends to be the least favorable of these options. Parking in Disney world parks can be costly, and because of how far away from the parks you may be required to park your car, you will likely still have to do a lot of walking.
Taxis and the Minnie Van
Taking a taxi or Disney’s new Minnie Van Service is convenient, but like any car service, it can be costly. The Minnie Van service, which operates in cooperation with Lyft, can transport up to six passengers and can get you to whatever area of the park you need.
If you want a quick, direct, comfortable ride between Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom park, it might be your best choice.
If you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World, familiarize yourself with the park maps and be prepared before you go. Having some knowledge of the layout of the park, as well as the transportation options available to you, will help you make the best decisions during your stay.