Social media has become incorporated into everyone’s lives. It is the sole way to let the world get a glimpse of the moments that fill your heart. With each photo and experience displayed, you let people into your life and let them experience it with you.
When you want to share your moments with the world, you spend some time to create a public moment everyone can indulge in. You crop the photo just right and add the perfect filter. Then comes the caption. You want something enticing, something interesting, something powerful.
So, when you have all the wonderful photos from your family vacation, you want to make sure you get it right. From lighthearted and funny captions to heartfelt words, here are some of the best original captions for Instagram to commemorate your family’s adventures.
Beachy Family Photos
The beach is the number one vacation destination for families. The hot sun, salty water, and white sand make for a perfect family fun getaway. When you return, you want to share those moments with your followers (and maybe make them a bit jealous).
These original captions should help get the attention of your Insta followers while inspiring them to get out in the sun and have their own fun.
- “With the sun on our face and the sand between our toes, these memories with the family will last forever.”
- “The love our family shares only grows with every crashing wave.”
- “The sun, the sand, and your family by your side, make the best memories stay alive.”
- “Family is the cornerstone of every great beach vacation.”
- “As the kids build a sandcastle, and your husband surfs the waves, you appreciate the family you’ve made.”
- “Every moment spent together watching the waves makes you realize the most important thing in life are the memories you make with your family.”
- “The most remarkable thing about the beach is that amidst all the chaos your family creates, you’re still so calm and full of love.”
- “You’ll go home with a tan, an experience, and the best memories that were spent with your family.”
- “Teaching my kids the beauty of the water, sand, and sun and the beauty of our family being together.”
- “The beach is the most serene place to go; it is even better when you can enjoy it with the family you’ve built.”
- “I am hot, tired, and burnt, but my kids are happy.”
- “Life’s a beach, the kids are a mess, the family’s alive watching the sunset.”
- “Enjoying the sun, the surf, the sand, and the family together.”
- “The best beach activities involve sand, sun, and family.”
- “High tides, good vibes, and the family building memories.”
- “When we build a sandcastle with our kids, we build memories that will last a lifetime.”
- “You can live in bliss at the beach, watching the ocean, feeling the sand between your toes, and spending every moment with your family.”
- “What’s better than the beach? You and your family are making memories together.”
- “Bury my feet in the sand, a cold drink in my hand, my family by my side, I let my worries wash away with the tide.”
- “Happiness is the shore in your view, the sun on your skin, the sand on your feet, and your family enjoying it with you.”
Using emojis in your captions to make them stand out is also a creative way to add to your post. There is an array of different emojis you can use. Add in some “🌊🌅⛱” to break up longer captions and make them more engaging.
Family Road Trip Photos
Family road trips can be the most exciting experience you share. Whether you’re a family of five or road tripping with your siblings, experiencing the open road is something everyone should do.
Of course, you want to capture the magic of the moments, whether you’re co-piloting or snapping pics during pit stops.
What better way to express your enjoyment than with a good Instagram picture and caption to match? Plus, road trips offer opportunities for unique captions that reflect your specific on or off-road adventures.
- “The key to a good road trip starts with your favorite snacks, great music, and your family by your side.”
- “Having your kids experience the open road is a remarkable feeling.”
- “The best road trips always need the chaos of the family to make it a memory never forgotten.”
- “The road least traveled is better with your family by your side.”
- “The radio blasting, the long open road, the kids laughing in the back seat, all make for the perfect road trip.”
- “The perfect road trip requires a full-blown karaoke show, with your kids as the backup singers.”
- “During a road trip, stopping on the side of the road to embrace nature and the family you made is the best feeling in the world.”
- “A road trip by yourself is fun; a road trip with your family is a beautiful experience.”
- “The open road, the beautiful scenery, and the family you created make for the best memories.”
- “I want my kids to experience the entire world and the love we have for one another.”
- “When you’re on the road with your family, and you look in the back seat, you realize this is all you ever needed.”
- Happiness is the open road and hearing your kids fighting over the music on the radio.”
- “With the wheel in my hand, the perfect song on the radio, and my husband by my side, we begin the journey of happily ever after.”
- “No road trip is long with your family making you laugh the entire time.”
- “The best part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination; it’s the memories you make with the people you created.”
- “Always take the scenic route; you won’t regret the memories you make with your family.”
- “All you need to make you happy is a good road trip and the people you love with you.”
- “The only trip I want to take is the trip with you on this open road.”
- “A road trip can have a bunch of bumps in the road but create the best memories.”
- “An adventure with your family is the best one you can have.”
Just remember to keep your eyes on the road while driving, and leave the Instagram posts to your co-pilot or backseat drivers.
Snowy Family Photos
Taking a family trip to the mountains or any ski resort can lead to some incredible moments captured. Catching dad making that ski jump or watching your kids build a snowman; every opportunity leads to a great memorable photo.
With those photos, you need perfect captions, and here are some of the best. Don’t forget a snowflake or snowman emoji, or even a pair of skis.
- “The best moments made are the ones made in the snow.”
- “A journey is best with family, snow, and a rosy nose.”
- “Our hands and cheeks are cold, but my heart is warm watching my family make the best memories.”
- “Cold feet, rosy cheeks, and a warm heart.”
- “Family can warm your soul in the coldest weather.”
- “Like snowflakes, we are all different, but we make a beautiful family.”
- “Snowy mountains, cold air, toasty fire, and family is all you need.”
- “What’s a winter vacation without a family snowball fight?”
- “Tis the season to build snowmen, have snowball fights, and warm your toes by the fire with your family.”
- “Snow falling down, the crackle of the fire, hot chocolate, and my family is all I need.”
- “Having a snowball fight with your kids makes you realize how mad they are that they couldn’t have that piece of candy.”
- “Watching your kids sled down a hill at top speed makes your anxiety high but your heart full.”
- “The season to be freezing comes with the laughs to warm you up.”
- “Cold hands, a warm heart, and the love of your kids are all you need.”
- “Making the best memories by throwing a snowball right at my husband’s face.”
- “When your vacation involves snow and family, it involves the best of what life has to offer.”
- “The snow is falling, the mountains are calling, my family along with love so strong, we make the memories that will last for so long.”
- “Creating the best memories, with snow, sleds, and laughter.”
- “The mountains covered in snow, your face red from the cold, we enjoy our family and the memories we are creating.”
- “What better way to enjoy your family than to enjoy a cold, snowy day and then warm up with some hot chocolate by the fire.”
Neutral Family Vacation Captions
Family vacations, in general, are fun, heartwarming experiences that make the best memories. You want to express to your followers the pure enjoyment you got out of your family vacation, even if you didn’t relax at the beachside or venture into the wilderness.
Here are a few nonspecific family vacation captions you can use to spice up those beautiful photos.
- “All you need to make a vacation a success is family, food, and peace.”
- “We haven’t been everywhere, we haven’t even come close, but experiencing it all with the family is all that matters.”
- “The wonderful thing about vacations is we can pretend like we’re a nice normal family.”
- “Fights and spending all your money are what makes a family vacation fun.”
- “The stress, the money spent, the time planning – it all becomes worth it when you see your kids smile.”
- “Having the best family vacation entails happy hearts, bellies full of food, good conversations, and wonderful memories made.”
- “It doesn’t feel like a vacation unless my kids are fighting, my husband is asleep on the pool chair, and I am toeing the line of keeping my sanity.”
- “When we have kids, we experience life through their eyes; why not make the scenery beautiful.”
- “I would spend my whole life traveling, as long as I could do it with my loved ones.”
- “The trips we take and the roads we travel create the best memories together.”
- “We only have a short time to teach our kids the beauty of the world; make sure you do it in the best places.”
- “Spending an entire vacation with your kids really makes you appreciate your alone time.”
- “Living my best life on vacation with my best people.”
- “Family, love, and laughter are the only things you need to make a vacation great.
- “The memories you make now will inspire your kids to do the same.”
- “The best vacations are where you can just enjoy the love you and your family have created.”
- “Here’s to family, food, and laughter.”
- “I would not want to change a single moment of the time I spent with my beautiful, chaotic, crazy family.”
- “This world gives you beauty; you just have to discover it.”
- “The most fulfilling thing you can do is spend time with the people you love and make the best memories possible.”
How to Pick the Best Caption
Snowy, beachy, or on the road, vacations are filled with great memories and fun that you want to share with the world. We want to represent our family and our fun in the best way possible. We want to make people understand our experiences and how we interpret them.
Social media platforms have really made it so easy to show family and friends the joys of your life. Finding the perfect caption for your photo can be a difficult task. Sometimes your brain goes blank, and you cannot find the right words to express your true feelings.
Whether it’s a caption that involves a little humor or a passionate caption that lets your followers know your true feelings, it helps to have some ideas. Hopefully, these captions help create the perfect post you are looking for. Any caption you post has the potential to inspire someone else to create great memories on a family vacation.
Now, get out there, enjoy your vacation, and happy posting!
More about our TFVG Author
A seasoned traveller, Dad, and avid sports tourist, James foundered The Family Vacation Guide to share his expert vacation experiences- especially when it comes to being a travelling family man.
Featured in Travel articles such as Travel + Leisure, TripSavvy and SFGate, you know you're reading some of the best vacation tips online.