What is better than a fun-filled day soaking up the sun and riding down thrilling water slides? This coming summer, take the family for an adventurous day filled with tall water slides, splash zones, wave pools, and lazy rivers at some of the best water parks in Kentucky.
The bluegrass state has some blue waters worth diving into! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, you can have your fill of water fun. Whether you’re looking for a water park near your Kentucky home or you’re planning a trip to Kentucky, you’re sure to find a park that the whole family will love.
We have compiled the 11 best water parks in Kentucky for you to keep cool this summer! Keep reading for more information, and start planning your vacation now!
- Hurricane Bay, Louisville
- Tie Breaker Family Aquatic Center, Hopkinsville
- Beech Bend Splash Lagoon, Bowling Green
- Venture River Water Park, Eddyville
- SomerSplash Water Park, Somerset
- Fort Knox Water Park, Fort Knox
- Kentucky Splash Waterpark, Williamsburg
- Russel Sims Aquatic Center, Bowling Green
- Calypso Cove Water Park, Lyndon
- Paradise Cove, Richmond
- Sheltowee Falls Splash Pad, Morehead
- Get Splashin’
- Other fantastic water parks to consider for some family fun
Hurricane Bay, Louisville
Hurricane Bay in Louisville is one of the best water parks in Kentucky. Located inside of the Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park, bringing the family here makes for a day of great memories and a splashing good time.
Deep Water Dive is a 12-story drop! It is one of the tallest body slides in the world at 377 feet tall. There is also the Plummet Summit, the Tornado, and the Deluge for thrilling choices of fun water slides.
If lazing around is more your style, then Castaway Creek or Buccaneer Beach will provide fun in the sun without dropping from incredible heights.
Hurricane Bay has two wave pools, multiple splash zones and kid areas, a lazy river, and over 70 thrilling rides inside of the park.
We recommend getting a Seasons Pass if you plan to visit the Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay more than once a season. With the pass, you get free unlimited or one-dollar drink refills and discounts on food, retail, and cabanas.
- Entrance Costs: $69.99 for the Gold Season Pass; $59.99 for the Silver Season Pass
- Address: 937 Phillips Ln, Louisville, KY 40209
- Hours of Operation: 11 AM – 6 PM (check in May for exact hours for the coming season)
Tie Breaker Family Aquatic Center, Hopkinsville
The Tie Breaker Family Aquatic Center is a wet and wild water park located in Hopkinsville.
This water park includes Riptide Express, a thrilling tube slide, an all-ages splash zone, and the Ripple River lazy river.
Our favorite ride is the Hurricane Alley corkscrew waterslide. Be prepared to ride it again and again! After, head to the Snack Attack concession stand for some mouthwatering food options.
- Entrance Costs: $9 for guests 48 inches and taller, $7 for guests under 48 inches and seniors, free for children aged two and under.
- Address: 9503 Eagle Way, Hopkinsville, KY 42240
- Hours of Operation: Memorial Day to Labor Day. Monday to Friday 11 AM – 7 PM; Saturdays 10 AM – 7 PM; Sundays 12 PM – 7 PM
Beech Bend Splash Lagoon, Bowling Green
Splash Lagoon is part of the Beech Bend Amusement Park in Bowling Green, Kentucky. This location is a great option for families looking to enjoy roller coaster rides and water slides.
The Splash Lagoon has delightful rides for all ages. Small kids will love the Lotta Wotta Island with lots of fun ways to splash and play. The adventurous in the family can zoom around and down the Cyclone Saucers slide.
Those not afraid of the dark will get a kick out of Riptide with a section of pitch darkness. There is also the Polynesian Plunge, Tidal Wave, a lazy river, and more!
The Ragin’ Rapids water slides are 400 feet long with a 45-foot drop. Or enjoy the four-story Tiki Island with seven slides, a tipping bucket, and interactive water features.
- Entrance Costs: $34.99 for Adults; $29.99 for children and seniors.
- Address: 798 Beech Bend Park Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Hours of Operation: May to September. Monday to Thursdays 11 AM-7 PM; Friday 12:30 PM – 9 PM; Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM; Sunday 11 AM – 7 PM
Venture River Water Park, Eddyville
The Venture River Water Park in Eddyville is the best water park in Kentucky for adrenaline lovers. The park has over ten different rides and even an area for friendly games of beach volleyball.
Head to the Wipe Out zone, a water jungle gym with five levels of fun. This play zone features three tunnel body slides, two flushing buckets, tons of interactive water features, and more!
Or challenge your friends on the Matanascar four-lane racing slide. The Waloopas Slides are enclosed and feature LED lights for a wild experience that ends with a refreshing splash.
Little ones will delight in Frog Island or the Pleasure Island Kiddie Pool. Enjoy swimming in an 18,000 square foot Hurricane Wave Pool that changes from serene to hurricane waves.
You can reserve Cabanas in advance online for an additional fee.
- Entrance Costs: $26.00 for General Admission; $21.00 for children 54 inches and under; $12.00 for ages sixty and up.
- Address: 280 Funway Dr, Eddyville, KY 42038
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM; Sundays 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Memorial Day to Labor Day.
SomerSplash Water Park, Somerset
The SomerSplash Water Park is one of the best water parks in Kentucky. Located in Somerset, families of all ages are in for a thrilling day of fun in the sun.
This expansive water park features water slides, a lazy river, and a 20,000 square foot wave pool. Younger children can splash around in the wading pool or enjoy the Kiddie Play Area with over thirty interactive water features.
Zoom down a 50-foot water slide or feel the rush on a 40-foot body slide. This Kentucky water park also has a 50-foot Bowl slide that swirls you down the funnel and plunges you into the crystal clear water. Or hop on a one or two-person tube and ride down the 40-foot tube slide.
Private cabanas can be rented for around $50 for the day and are well worth it for families looking to spend some time in the shade.
- Entrance Costs: $17.95 plus tax for guests 48 inches and taller; $15.95 plus tax for guests under 48 inches.
- Address: 1030 KY-2227, Somerset, KY 42503
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday 11 AM-7 PM; Sunday 1 PM-7 PM. Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Fort Knox Water Park, Fort Knox
The Fort Knox Water Park has fun for the whole family at affordable rates. It’s open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and all ages can enjoy water activities and obstacle courses. Parents can take fitness classes like aqua Zumba while attentive lifeguards keep a vigilant eye out.
Water slides, splash areas, and a large pool with lots of seating make this small water park one worth visiting.
Another bonus about Fort Knox Water Park is that the Falls Landing Miniature Golf Course is just across the street.
- Entrance Costs: Day passes are $8 for civilians and $6 for military
- Address: 5539 W Chaffee Ave, Fort Knox, KY 40121
- Hours of Operation: Memorial Day to Labor Day. Monday to Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM; Sunday 11 AM – 6 PM
Kentucky Splash Waterpark, Williamsburg
The Kentucky Splash Waterpark is inside the Hal Rogers Family Entertainment Center in Williamsburg. This impressive water park features an 18,000 square foot wave pool that keeps the kiddos enjoying pool time for hours on end.
Enjoy lounging along the lazy river or head to the children’s activity pool for age-appropriate fun in the sun. Lockers are available for storing your valuables while you enjoy the water.
Things we love about the Kentucky Splash Waterpark are the 18 hole miniature golf course and an arcade. Get your game on and take a break from the sun.
Maximize your family time by staying the night on the campground with water, electricity, a bathhouse, and Wi-Fi. Create more happy memories together after an incredible day of swimming, sliding, and lounging.
- Entrance Costs: $10. Children two years and under are free.
- Address: 1050 KY-92, Williamsburg, KY 40769
- Hours of Operation: May – September Monday to Saturday from 11 AM – 7 PM; Sundays from 12:30 PM – 6 PM
Russel Sims Aquatic Center, Bowling Green
The Russel Sims Aquatic Center is one of the best water parks in Kentucky. Staffed by American Red Cross certified lifeguards, this water park in Bowling Green keeps all ages safely entertained.
This expansive water park features a splash playground, zero-depth entry pool, water buckets, and a 164-foot pool. Laugh until you splash going down the two water slides or cannonball into the pool off diving boards.
This water park is for children of all ages. Keep in mind that children under the age of thirteen must be accompanied by someone sixteen years or older.
Parents often comment on how clean the park is and the ample seating spaces.
- Entrance Costs: $8 for adults (16 and over), $5 for youths (3 to 15), and $2 for children (2 and under)
- Address: 2303 Tomblinson Way, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Hours of Operation: Sunday to Friday 12 PM – 6 PM and Saturday 11 AM – 6 PM between Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Calypso Cove Water Park, Lyndon
The Calypso Cove Water Park in Lyndon, Kentucky, is part of the YMCA and is a family-friendly water park you need to visit with the kids.
Interactive play structures like Cast Away Island, water cannons, a Lilly Pad Crossing course will have all ages having a blast. The adventurous in the group will enjoy the Hurricane Run Tube Slide and the 24-foot Typhoon Twister water slides.
Swim in the vortex pool, no-entry pool, or relax aching muscles with hydro jets. This water park in Kentucky has heated pools so that you can enjoy them throughout the season. If you get hungry, the Snack Shack serves up delicious treats.
Keep in mind that kids aged twelve and under must be accompanied by an adult during their entire time at the water park. Parents can also use the YMCA Playroom for infant care while enjoying the park.
- Entrance Costs: Membership dependant. View rates here
- Address: 9400 Mill Brook Rd, Louisville, KY 40223
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday to Friday 11 AM – 8 PM; Saturday and Sunday 10 AM – 7 PM. Closed on Mondays
Paradise Cove, Richmond
Paradise Cove is one of the best water parks in Kentucky. Located in Richmond, this water park features an 8-lane lap pool with diving boards as well as lots of fun ways to play in the water.
Visit the zero-entry play pool with four different slides, two of which are 40 feet tall. Spiral down and splash into the crystal water or spend time with young children on the Butterfly slide. Kids can even take swimming lessons here.
Parents and kids will love the state-of-the-art bathhouse and concession stand brimming with delicious snacks.
- Entrance Costs: $6 Monday to Saturday, $5 on Sundays
- Address: 274 Lake Reba Dr, Richmond, KY 40475
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday from 11 AM – 7 PM (Closed 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM); Sunday 1 PM – 6 PM (Closed 3 PM-4 PM)
Sheltowee Falls Splash Pad, Morehead
Sheltowee Falls is a 5,900 square foot splash pad in Morehead, Kentucky. Sheltowee Falls Splash Pad is great for young children who are too small to go on towering waterslides.
This fun water zone has age-appropriate playgrounds so that all kids can enjoy it. Parents will get a kick out of watching their kids climb the wilderness-themed treehouse and slide down its two waterslides. This water park features an 18-foot eagle spray zone and forty other ways for kids to splash around with huge smiles on their faces.
- Entrance Costs: Free
- Address: Triplett and Bridge Street, Morehead, KY 40351
- Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday 10 AM – 6 PM
Visit some of the best water parks in Kentucky this summer! Rent a cabana and indulge at the concession stand. Zoom down water slides and ride on tubes for refreshing fun that the whole family will enjoy.
Other fantastic water parks to consider for some family fun
If you’re hoping to find some more of the best water parks, our round-up below will be the perfect place to start.
- 12 of the Best Indoor Water Parks in Michigan
- 6 of the Best Indoor Water Parks in Texas
- 18 of the Best Indoor Water Parks in the US
- 16 of the Best Water Parks in Texas
- 10 of the Best Water Parks in California
- 12 of the Best Water Parks in Tennessee
- 11 of the Best Water Parks in Ohio
- 11 of the Best Water Parks in Indiana
- 13 of the Best Water Parks in Colorado
- 10 of the Best Water Parks in Mississippi
- 9 of the Best Water Parks in Massachusetts
- 11 of the Best Water Parks in Arizona
- 9 of the Best Water Parks in Illinois
- 7 of the Best Water Parks in Atlanta, Georgia
- 9 of the Best Water Parks in New England
- 9 of the Best Water Parks in North Carolina
- 7 of the Best Water Parks in Oregon
- 8 of the Best Water Parks in Orlando
- 8 of the Best Water Parks in Maryland
- 13 of the Best Water Parks in the Caribbean
- 6 of the Best Water Parks in The Bahamas
- 10 of the Best Water Parks in Las Vegas
- 12 of the Best Water Parks in Florida
- 6 of the Best Water Parks in Oklahoma
- 9 of the Best Water Parks in Alabama
More about our TFVG Author
A seasoned traveller, Dad, and avid sports tourist, James foundered The Family Vacation Guide to share his expert vacation experiences- especially when it comes to being a travelling family man.
Featured in Travel articles such as Travel + Leisure, TripSavvy and SFGate, you know you're reading some of the best vacation tips online.